Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Woohoo!


A few weeks ago my ceramics instructor Heath Papa suggested I take a look at artshow.com. It's a great resource for artists featuring tutorials, original art for sale, ways to promote your art, etc. They also list upcoming art shows and provide links to the shows official pages. It's a super convenient way to find shows because they are listed by the entry due dates.

My teacher suggested I go to the site because he saw an upcoming show that I might want to enter and the deadline for entries was the very next day!

So I entered it that day and I just got an email from them telling me I am going to be in it!

I sent them pictures of three of my recent works and they liked this one the best. I know i already shared some pictures of it in another blog post recently, but here is the piece they selected for their show




I titled it "Seeing Heaven."
The cloth over her face makes one wonder what she's expecting to reach or where she's going if she can't even see. My title answers that question. It also illustrates the way heaven is for us in this life. The only view we humans generally get of heaven is all in our minds eye, however, whether we see it or not, our striving to reach it is what elevates us as people. It was a fun and challenging piece to make and I'm glad it's going somewhere people can see it.

America's ClayFest III begins April 17th and runs through May 30th. My piece will be in the student show which is being hosted by the Art League of Lincoln at their Art Center Gallery in downtown Lincoln, California. Here's a link to their website. http://www.americasclayfest.org/


This acceptance means that next month I will have artwork in three exhibitions all at the same time. My senior exhibition hosted in the North Plaza Gallery at Dixie State University, and the Student Exhibition here at Dixie State's Sear's Gallery in St. George, UT, both start on the same day as the show in Lincoln, CA. Exciting isn't it!

That's all for now

-Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment