Thursday, February 19, 2015

I made a Baby!

I mean uh, I sculpted a baby.

I don't really have a lot of experience with babies and children, so it's kind of crazy that I decided to include a baby in one of my pieces for my senior show. I know that if I mess that one thing up it will totally taint my whole showcase and all people will think about is the freaky baby. I felt like I had a good concept for a piece and it would just be better with a baby incorporated into it.

Now before you get too excited, I'm not going to post a picture of the baby I've been sculpting for the last four and a half hours or so. At least I won't post one yet. I need to go back and look at it with fresh eyes, then have my wife, Beth, look at it, then maybe some other women who know a thing or two about babies, and if they all approve, or I've made the needed improvements, THEN I'll post it on the internet for all six people who read my blog to see.

But so you don't need to feel let down, here are some pictures of weird looking babies from the days of Art's past to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.. or something.


Look! it's Benjamin Button!



I'm not entirely sure someone didn't photoshop muscles on the one on the right. 



And one modern day weird doll to finish it off.


Now see? Who would want to see that in an art show?

By the way, I think the baby I'm sculpting is turning out pretty good so far but of course it's not done yet.

See ya next time! Maybe I'll have something of substance to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment