Tuesday, February 17, 2015

It's Art!

I was looking for reference images of gnarly looking trees and roots and I came across this art piece by Giuseppe Licari.


It has very little to do with what I'm working on but I thought it was really cool. And walking through it like these people, 
would be a great experience.

A couple years ago I walked through a forest I had played in many times as a child after a storm knocked down a bunch of trees and it felt like I was stepping into something amazing and somewhat unreal. I think this view of a forest gives a similar feeling. Seeing something as familiar as a tree in a way you've never seen it before, that's art doing it's job.

I also wonder how the heck they got those trees attached to the ceiling securely enough to feel safe.

That's it for this time!


Images from:
designboom article
http://www.giuseppelicari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment